Latest news from the world.
- Jacinda Ardern announces seven-day lockdown in Auckland after authorities detect a community case of unknown origin.
- Police open fire on protesters in Yangon and Dawei, killing at least two and wounding dozens more, local media say.
- Saudi-led coalition blames Yemen's Houthis as state TV broadcasts footage of explosions in the air over Riyadh.
- Single-dose vaccine is the third authorised in the US and is 85 percent protective against severe illness.
- Civil society groups raise concerns Sunday's vote could speed up deterioration of El Salvador's democratic institutions.
- The 380km barrier will curb the flow of illegal migrants, drugs and stolen vehicles, the president says.
- New York's governor denies wrongdoing and orders an external inquiry after claims by a second ex-aide.
- The Johnson & Johnson vaccine, made by Belgian firm Janssen, is the third jab authorised in the US.
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler return to host the year's first major film and TV awards ceremony on Sunday.
- Lucy's dream of working in the Middle East turned into a nightmare of abuse. She's not the only one.
- After a declassified intelligence report officially blamed Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the gruesome murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi […]
- His fundraising efforts earned him fame, admiration and a knighthood by Queen Elizabeth in July.
- The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine's "plug and play" platform means it's easy to modify, and scientists expect an update to fight new, troubling variants […]
- Global emissions must be reduced by roughly 45% by 2030 to limit devastating impacts of climate change, but nations are on track […]
- The director general of WWF-Mexico urged governments and scientists to work on addressing the issue.
- President Joe Biden said his administration would announce Monday how it will handle relations with Saudi Arabia after a report implicated the […]
- The FDA has approved J&J's Covid-19 vaccine for emergency use, giving the U.S. a third tool to fight the pandemic.
- U.S. officials this week offered their most full-throated endorsement yet of a digital dollar. Meanwhile, China has accelerated efforts for a digital […]
- House Democrats approved their $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill as the party tries to get the rescue package to President Joe Biden.
- Warren Buffett, chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, released his annual shareholder letter on Saturday.
- At least 42 people, including students, who were kidnapped last week in an armed raid at a state-run school in Kagara in […]
- Nathan Lyon has extended his support to the Ahmedabad pitch that was criticised by many former cricketers after the third Test between […]
- Woven City will have three types of streets interwoven with each other on the ground level, one dedicated to automated driving, one […]
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing the nation on his radio programme Mann ki baat today. This is the 21st episode of […]
- NIOS ODE 2021: National Institute of Open Schooling On-Demand Examination 2021 ( NIOS ODE 2021) for the Secondary and Senior Secondary courses […]
- The son of the owner of popular eatery Krishna Dhaba, who was shot at by terrorists on February 17, died at a […]
- A year after the city was engulfed by violence, victims are harassed into silence by police and find the law has turned […]
- Conference seeks to shore up Trump’s position as Republican standard bearer even after he lost the presidency and CongressDonald Trump returns to […]
- Your relationship sounds unworkable and toxic, says Mariella Frostrup. Find someone you can confide in or get professional helpThe dilemma My boyfriend’s […]
- Coronavirus live news: US approves Johnson & Johnson vaccine; first AstraZeneca jabs arrive in SydneyAustralian state of Victoria reports zero new cases; Auckland seven-day lockdown begins; UK records lowest cases in five monthsFDA approves Johnson & […]
- Explosion heard for miles around and leaves crater the size of double-decker bus Thousands of people have been forced to spend a […]
- The private service was small, attended by just eight members of the veteran's immediate family
- If human beings could learn to add insects to their dinner plate, it would help save the planet
- ‘If This Task Was Urgent Before, It’s Crucial Now.’ U.N. Says World Has 10 Months to Get Serious on Climate GoalsThe language of diplomacy rarely allows for a true sense of emotion or urgency. But reading between the lines of the latest […]
- Queer Nigerians Hoped the Clubhouse App Would Be a Safe Haven. It’s Become Another Breeding Ground for BigotryHas the world’s hottest networking app become a hostile place for the LGBTQ+ community before it even fully launches?
- The airstrike was the first military action undertaken by the Biden Administration
- The chariot was found on the grounds of what is one of the most significant ancient villas in the area around Vesuvius, […]
- The Trump administration designated the IRGC as terrorists. Its ranks are filled with military conscripts.
- An Amnesty International report says soldiers from Eritrea systematically killed “many hundreds” of people, the large majority men, in a massacre in […]
- Saudi Arabia says it has intercepted a missile attack over its capital launched by Yemen’s Houthi rebels, as well as bomb-laden drones […]
- Libyans ousted a dictator, but an ensuing civil war has drawn in Russia, Turkey and others with a thirst for control.